- Published: 11 Aug 2018
- "I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to the business, [Business name & other trading names].
- "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner's Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal dataUnder the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and/or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases. We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we are a not-for-profit organisation and
- only process information necessary to establish or maintain membership or support.
- only process information necessary to provide or administer activities for people who are members of the organisation or have regular contact with it.
- we only hold information about individuals whose data we need to process for this exempt purpose.
- the personal data we process is restricted to personal information that is necessary for this exempt purpose.
- Lawful basis: Consent
- The reason we use this basis: Is that you choose what information you submit to us when you contact us and have the option to opt out of cookies on our website.
- We process your information in the following ways:
- Reading and replying to emails including processing and safe storage of details included in the email within the parameters set by the email.
- Management of email newsletter.
- Members/Parishioners database.
- Website management.
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties except in a case where we believe there is a risk of hard to yourself or other and then only with the relevant authorities.
Your individual rightsUnder the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Data security and protectionWe ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
- Functional website cookies (for logging in and such)
- Non-functional cookies - Google Analytics Click here to opt-out of Google Analytics
Email Newsletter & subscriptionThis website operates an email newsletter program. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through the prior written agreement with the user. Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Processing of your personal data" above. Any email newsletter we send is done so through an EMS, email messaging service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software/applications that allows marketers to send out email newsletter campaigns to a list of users. Email newsletter messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email newsletter. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. This data is processed by Google Analytics. Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any newsletter messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences, or otherwise contact the EMS provider. Our EMS provider is MailChimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- How you signed up and where from
- Subscription time & date and which lists you joined.
Social Media PlatformsCommunication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are customs to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003